A job in the banking industry is challenging and demanding. It’s a tough task to get into the field at the desired position and even more tough is to create a resume. Banking industry is completely different other industries and so the resume also needs special attention with the complete details of every aspect of the banking education and the career as well.
Here are certain guidelines to help you construct an effective banking resume:
• Firstly, mention the contact information including the contact number, permanent address, and email address.
• Write an objective that narrates your professional background in just one statement. If possible quantify the objective in terms of your total years of work experience in the banking industry. Numbers and figures leave a greater impact on the mind of the employer and strongly push forth your resume.
• Follow the objective with your professional synopsis giving a detailed description of your work history along with a complete explanation of your job responsibilities. Mention your specializations like coordinating activities, investment banking, client relationship management, banking operations, and branch management.
• Highlight all the special responsibilities to ensure that your skills and capabilities come into immediate notice of the employer. Show your problem solving, customer management, and employee handling abilities.
• Also mention any key role you have played in the progression of the company or any significant contribution from your end.
• List all rewards, certifications, and accolades you have received in your entire work history. All these achievements can be highlighted and used as keywords to stand out your resume.
• List your educational and professional qualifications with the name of the university, degree earned, and all types of diplomas and certifications. Make sure you mention even the smallest course done in banking related field.
• Mention your extra curricular activities, your birth date, and your personal interest and hobbies. Also list all the extra activities that you performed while you were in school or college. Your leadership qualities in your school time will definitively reflect your qualities.
• Make sure that the entire resume is written in a soft, positive, and a friendly approach